Monday, January 24, 2011

For this blog I really felt to share my testimony of how I got to a point where I'm writing about people falling down under the power of God and miracles and other crazy stuff etc...

It wasn't that long ago that I was living for the weekend, spending all my money on alcohol and ecstasy. I used to take e's and get drunk pretty much every weekend and my life really wasn't going anywhere. I was also really physically sick with a disease that doctors were unable to diagnose. I became super anxious and depressed and thought about suicide a lot. I was so paranoid that I was scared to go to the supermarket because I thought people were talking about me. I relied on anti-depressants to get by.

As a last resort I went to see a Christian counselor who was a friend of my mums. She prayed for me and asked God to give me a vision of the root cause of my anxiety and depression. I didn't really believe it would happen but sure enough I saw a clear vision of the root cause of my problem. It was pretty crazy. I left knowing for sure that God was real.

At this point I really didn't know any Christians and didn't know what it meant to be one. I would often (when no one was around) watch Christian TV at home. One day there was a show about letting go of anger and forgiving people. I remember crying out to God to help me forgive the person who caused my anxiety and depression. Instantly I felt something lift off of me and I felt real joy for the first time. It was crazy! My anxiety and depression were completely healed. I came of my medication that day which I though would never happen.

My life completely changed from this point on but I still didn't know any Christians. I used to pray for God to get me into a church and in 2007 He did. Some friends of mine were going to a Christian conference and had a spare ticket. I went along and saw some of the craziest stuff I've ever seen. People were shaking under the power of God and laughing hysterically and all kinds of stuff. It was kind of weird but I could really feel the presence of God and I really trusted the people I was with.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I gave my life to God at the conference. Heidi Baker (one of the speakers) prayed for me afterwards and I fell down under the power of God for about 10 minutes. I woke up feeling amazing. The next night her husband Rolland Baker was preaching and during this session some people prayed for me and I ended up having an encounter with God for 2 or 3 hours where I was lying on the floor in some kind of trance, seeing things in heaven and hearing God speak to me. I got up from this encounter a different person. The things I saw were all from the Bible - I was describing them but had never even read about them in the Bible.

Since this encounter God has been so good to me. He has taken me to Mozambique twice. I have seen many, many miracles including the blind and deaf healed, demons come out of people and I've even met someone who was raised from the dead! I'm now in the US doing more ministry stuff, experiencing more of God's goodness. Honestly my life is 100 times better with God than it was before.

This all started for me when I began searching for the truth after things started to get really bad for me. I'm hear to tell you that Jesus is very real and He will reveal Himself to and accept anyone who comes to Him. One of the hindrances for me was unforgiveness. So I just want to encourage anyone who is reading this and doesn't know God that He wants a relationship with you and that there is nothing you have done that He won't forgive. Just be honest with Him, start talking to Him and forgive anyone who has ever wronged you so that you can experience His forgiveness. He will help you do this. --- His name is Jesus!

If anyone has anyone questions please get in contact with me. Facebook msg me or something.

God Bless.

1 comment: